So here we go! I'm going to add the twist of two points each for guessing the fandom, two more for the speaker or POV:
- "I'm here," he said again, fighting to keep his voice level. "You said you'd let him go."
- "Fortunately, the Central Valley is about as topographically complex as a tabletop, so that eliminates the need for a submodel."
- If it was only a matter of willpower, he knew they'd be fine.
- He'd known this was going to come to a head at some point, but he hadn't expected to be doing seventy-five down the San Bernardino Freeway while he hashed out months of misunderstanding and hurt with the guy who had been his best friend.
- Then, as the road started a broad curve to the left with nothing but empty air to their right, he reached down again for his leg.
- He stumbled forward, and the hiss of something passing over his head confused him until he saw a chip of marble fly off the wall in front of him.
- "Sheryl Crow obviously never tried to drive through the Westside on a Friday afternoon, or she wouldn't have put 'fun' and 'Santa Monica Boulevard' in the same sentence."