So in honor of the number 41, here are my answers to the questions that have been floating around LJ.
1) Are you named after someone?
Nope, just a name that was "in" when I was born. Like the Emily or Zoe of my time.
2) When was the last time you cried?
I've been tearing up about once every night while the Olympics are on, either from medal ceremonies or the ridiculously moving Canadian commercials that are my burden for watching the Games on CBC.
3) Do you like your handwriting?
True story: in grade school, the only subjects I didn't get As in were phys ed and handwriting. So, no.
4) What is your favorite lunch meat?
I'm gonna copy deirdre_c and say bacon.
5) Do you have any kids?
Nope. Neither human nor animal.
6) If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
I think so, because it's so rare to find someone else who understands an introvert's need to be alone and/or not talk.
7) Do you use sarcasm?
Does Jensen like dick jokes?
8) Do you still have your tonsils?
Yep. Wisdom teeth, too.
9) Would you bungee?
Maybe. I almost did the SkyJump in Auckland, but I couldn't see paying that much money for an 11-second experience. Also, I'm not sure I would have actually gone through with it.
10) What is your favorite cereal?
Ginger clusters from Trader Joe's.
11) Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
12) Do you think you’re strong?
Based on my first few years here in the Midwest, yes, I do.
13) What is your favorite ice cream?
Burnt caramel at Toscanini's in Cambridge, MA. (Hi, that's specific.)
14) What’s the first thing you notice about someone?
I don't know that there's one thing...maybe their height?
15) Red or pink?
16) What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
I only get to pick one? How about my lack of self-confidence? (See what I did there?)
17) What color pants and shoes are you wearing right now?
The Chaco sandals I always wear indoors for my flat feet, and this dress. (Shout-out to cherie_morte and peppervl for introducing me to Modcloth.)
18) What was the last thing you ate?
A protein bar after running 6 miles this morning. (I've been having trouble with my Achilles, and this is the longest I've run in about a month.)
19) What are you listening to right now?
The gold medal men's volleyball game. They're serving at 80 mph or 125 kph. Holy cannoli.
20) If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
That's a cool question! I always liked Burnt Sienna.
21) What’s your favorite smell?
A rose garden.
22) Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
23) What’s your favorite sport to watch?
Volleyball. I have season tickets to my university team, and they're quite good!
24) What’s your real hair color?
The only color I've ever had: brown. Though it gets blondish with enough sun.
25) What’s your eye color?
26) Do you wear contacts?
I can't stand anything getting close to my eyes at all. I've almost fainted at the eye doctor's office, and it's a real challenge for the eye doctor to get drops in my eyes. I'm happy with my glasses.
27) What’s your favorite food?
My mom makes this very simple dish that's just Italian sausage, cabbage, rice, and cheddar cheese, but it's so home that I always ask for it when I visit.
28) Scary movie or happy ending?
Definitely happy ending. One of the reasons I don't like horror is the final "gotcha" ending.
29) Last movie you watched?
Ghostbusters, which was freaking awesome and gave me such a crush on Kate McKinnon.
30) What color shirt are you wearing?
31) Summer or winter?
Growing up, I definitely would have said winter, because you can always put more clothes on. Now that I have a house and car with air conditioning, I think I'm more inclined to say summer!
32) Hugs or kisses?
Hugs. All the hugs.
33) What’s your favorite dessert?
French silk pie. I'm not a huge chocolate person, but this is perfect.
34) What book are you reading?
What is this "book" of which you speak? I only read fanfiction and academic literature. (Kim Stanley Robinson's Green Earth has been sitting on my desk all summer, but since the semester is about to start...)
35) What is your profile pic?
My OTP is Supernatural/Springsteen. I made the icon in early S6 (duh, you say) when the lyric was super appropriate, and I still love it.
36) What did you last watch on TV?
The Olympics. So much Olympics.
37) Favorite sound?
The crack of the bat when one of my beloved Cubs hits a home run. And they're doing that a lot this year. :D
38) Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Do I have to?
39) What is the farthest you’ve been from home?
The Great Ocean Road on the southern Australian coast.
40) Do you have a special talent?
Injuring myself while running, apparently.
41) Where were you born?
Ingalls Memorial Hospital, Harvey, IL.
Consider yourself tagged!